Last Updated on July 1, 2021
If you’re searching for “alcohol rehab near me,” you might be hoping to find an option near your town, or within a short commute. But the answer may be even closer than you think. New technology now allows you to access personalized, outpatient alcohol rehab from your phone, or other personal device.
How can that be possible? It turns out many of the services provided in treatment centers can be delivered just as well over the internet. With the growing popularity of telemedicine programs that let people meet with a doctor over skype, it was only a matter of time before the idea was applied to alcohol addiction rehab.
Ria Health is pioneering the use of technology to treat alcohol addiction from home, or wherever you may be. And you may find that, in addition to eliminating travel, there are many other advantages to using your phone to access alcohol treatment.
How Does Smartphone-Based Alcohol Rehab Work?
How is it possible that you can access everything you need to treat alcohol use disorder using only your phone? It’s easier than you might expect. By using video chat, and the convenient tools included in our app, you can manage most of the process seamlessly. You can even get more consistent support than with many ordinary outpatient treatment programs.
Our program includes:
- Online Medical Counseling: Members meet with a physician through video chat to discuss their personal needs and goals, and create a customized treatment plan.
- Recovery Coaching: As a member, you’ll also have access to regular virtual meetings with a licensed recovery coach. These professionals help you assess your progress, make necessary adjustments, and continue moving in the right direction.
- Online Support Groups: Instead of having to travel to meetings, our app lets you connect with a larger community of like-minded others from wherever you may be. This is an additional plus if you are looking for a secular alternative to Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Digital Progress-Tracking Tools: All members get a Bluetooth breathalyzer that syncs with our app, allowing them to track their daily progress. Seeing a visual graph of how you’re doing can both encourage you, and keep you honest with yourself.
- Access to Prescription Medications: In addition to medical advice, our program also gives you access to medications for alcoholism, including naltrexone, acamprosate, baclofen, and more. Simply meet with one of our physicians, and pick up the medication at your local pharmacy.
- 24/7 Support: Our team is available to help you any time of day, any day of the week. Just contact us through the app!
Best of all, you can access rehab on your phone from wherever you are. Ria is currently licensed to provide alcohol addiction treatment services in 12 states, and counting. If you live anywhere in California, Florida, Georgia, Virginia, Missouri, Tennessee, Texas, Ohio, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, or Pennsylvania, and you have an internet connection, you’re good to go. This makes the process of finding rehab near you much easier!
Learn more about Ria Health’s unique approach
How Long is Alcohol Rehab From Your Phone, and How Much Does it Cost?
One major advantage of alcohol rehab from your phone is that it’s affordable and convenient enough that you can stick with it for the long haul. While alcohol detox may take only one to two weeks, resetting your personal habits and overcoming your cravings can take a lot longer. Ria’s program is designed to support you all the way to the finish line.
Many of our members remain with the program for up to a year. This gives them time to establish permanent, lasting change. At many traditional rehab centers, the cost of this would be prohibitive, and you’d have to put your personal life on hold. But since you can access smartphone-based rehab on your own schedule, it can fit seamlessly into your daily life. You don’t need to feel rushed—you can continue to get the support you need, for however long you need it.
As for price, Ria Health’s program costs members an average of nine dollars per day. Compare this with an average cost of $18,000 per month for inpatient treatment programs. And the price can be even lower with some insurance plans. Check here to see if you’re covered for our program.
Moderation as an Option
The above advantages are only the beginning. In the case of Ria Health, rehab from your phone also means a wider variety of treatment options. This includes options that don’t require abstinence. The Sinclair Method, which uses targeted doses of anti-craving medications to help you change your drinking patterns, is available through our program. Several other moderation-based approaches to treatment for alcohol use disorder are available as well.
At Ria, we encourage members to follow whichever approach will make the biggest difference for their personal health. We believe this creates fewer barriers to recovery, and increases people’s chances of success. And evidence suggests that moderation can be just as effective an approach as abstinence, depending on the individual.
Read more about why moderation is sometimes a better goal
In summary, if you’re looking for effective, affordable outpatient rehab near you, the answer may be closer than you think. It may even be in the palm of your hand! Schedule a free call with us today to learn more about Ria Health’s program, and how it may help you redefine your relationship with alcohol.