Ria Health, the next-generation telemedicine solution in the effective treatment of alcohol addiction, is seeking a 100% Remote Telemedicine Board Certified Psychiatrist (or Physician Certified in Addiction Medicine).
Join the Ria Health Team
Join the team that integrates medical care, behavioral support, and technology tools to help members achieve their personal goals in treating heavy alcohol use and addiction. Ria Health delivers a Joint Commission accredited program that leverages evidence-based pharmacotherapy, targeted protocols, and a technology platform to help members achieve lasting improvements in their quality of life. Ria’s published outcomes data set the standard for effectiveness in alcohol treatment. The Ria program is delivered through telehealth, and partners with Telemedicine Psychiatrists to provide clinical expertise and manage care and outcomes for Ria Health members.
Work as a Ria Health Telemedicine Psychiatrist
Ria Health clinical personnel participate in a virtual team clinic environment, working interdependently with team members and departments. Physicians must have demonstrated training in addiction, either during residency or through post graduate training courses or academic appointments. Ria Physicians are leaders, capable of providing training and supervision to Ria clinicians. Ria Physicians are professional and collegial, with the temperament and judgement to treat patients via telemedicine. Ria Physicians use the Ria platform to monitor and support members’ progress to positive outcomes, and to collaborate with other medical and supporting team members. All clinical staff participate in weekly rounds to review and learn from case situations and the discussion of previous experience.
- Board Certified Psychiatrist (or Physician Certified in Addiction Medicine). Preference given to candidates who possess additional COMPACT States Licenses (Interstate Medical Licensure Compact). This position is 100% Remote.
- 2+ years of experience (preferred) with added qualifications in Addiction, Internal, Family Practice, or Emergency Medicine
- Technology-savvy and experienced with service apps such as Athenanet, Zoom
- Experience in addiction, utilizing pharmacologic therapeutic interventions
- Team player: maintains a high level of professionalism with members and team
- People-oriented, relationship-focused; experience with telehealth is desirable
- A secure private office with a professional background and appearance, including proper lighting and direct high-speed internet capabilities to conduct video medical appointments
- Supervision of Ria Clinicians including Nurse Practitioners, Physicians Assistants, Advanced Practice Nurses, Registered Nurses, and Coaches
- Assess patient history and evaluation to formulation and implementation of a care plan
- Manage medication including prescription, dosage, and patient method of use
- Order and interpret lab results as necessary
- Monitor health outcomes and coordinate care
- Revision of care plans in collaboration with other medical staff and coaches
- Manage patient appointments according to company, medical, and insurance requirements
- Lead 45- and 20-minute video appointments with patients
- Communicate with patients through phone, app-based text messages, and HIPAA-compliant email
- Build relationships with Ria members to support engagement, quality experiences, and lasting outcomes
- Provide prompt prescription renewals and changes
- Demonstrate professionalism, attentiveness, and promptness during sessions, throughout the course of care, and by using technology interfaces with members
- Enter medical documentation and billing information into Athenanet
- Participation in virtual rounds
- Collaborate with Product and Coaching teams on program development
- Comply with HIPAA/CFR 42 Part 2 privacy standards, Ria Health policies and procedures, reimbursement and accreditation requirements, and Federal/State/Local laws & regulations
- Continuous learning and change advocacy as determined by industry trends, community needs, and best practices
- Provide Ria services during normal business hours and/or as approved
- Plan schedule around member load to optimize continuity of care
Provide Care Amid COVID-19
With the COVID19 crisis, there has been a tremendous increase in anxiety, trauma, and stress for millions of people, increasing the misuse of alcohol. As a center of excellence in treating alcohol misuse, Ria Health has been enlisted to rapidly provide care to people across the United States, which will require additional care team members. We seek care team members who are motivated to provide high quality, patient-centered, evidence-based care in a telemedicine setting. In the immediate term, opportunities include full-time, part-time, and contracted positions.
Enjoy Ria Health Benefits
- Join a team of mission-driven professionals dedicated to offering a next-generation solution in the treatment of heavy alcohol use and addiction
- Experience professional growth within a rapidly expanding tech-healthcare company
- Work remotely anywhere in the United States
- Competitive compensation
- Telehealth training and development
- Unlimited PTO for full-time team members
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ria Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.