Ria Health, the next-generation telemedicine solution in the effective treatment of alcohol addiction, is seeking a Director of Operations.
Join the Ria Health Team
Join the team that integrates medical care, behavioral support, and technology tools to help members achieve their personal goals in treating heavy alcohol use and addiction. Ria Health delivers a Joint Commission accredited program that leverages evidence-based pharmacotherapy, targeted protocols, and a technology platform to help members achieve lasting improvements in their quality of life. Ria’s published outcomes data set the standard for effectiveness in alcohol treatment. The Ria program is delivered through telehealth and partners with Remote Clinical and Coaching Team Members to provide clinical expertise and manage care and outcomes for Ria Health members.
Work as our Director of Operations
The Director of Operations will, in collaboration with and while reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, contribute to corporate strategy and drive impact in the areas of member services, enrollment, and clinical operations to ensure achievement of short and long-term company goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership, support, and collaboration with remote employees.
- Manage the creation, communication, implementation, and sustainability of internal operational policies and procedures to ensure safe and healthy working environments across the ops team.
- Collaborate with Senior Executives in the analysis of clinical and operational performance indicators and provide recommendations.
- Responsible for providing company guidance and planning for strategic and tactical corporate operations.
- Direct and control operations of Enrollment, Members’ Services, and Clinical Operations.
- Maintain working relationships with all other direct reports to ensure effective coordination of all company activities in support of corporate objectives.
- Act as the Enrollment, Members’ Services, and Clinical Ops teams main adviser on all issues relating to operational functions and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure that the company maintains its competitive position.
- Work to improve practice performance and promote excellence in patient care.
- Identify and target areas in which Ria Health can improve operations, oversee employee productivity, monitor revenue margins, and research & implement new directives for business growth and prosperity.
Preferred and Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree is required/Master’s degree is preferred
- 7+ years of operational healthcare experience is required
- Excellent analytical, organizational, investigative, and communicative skills are required
- Extensive experience within and knowledge of health care industry regulations and governing laws as it relates to operational policies and procedures
- Experience in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment (ideally a healthcare-tech startup)
- Solutions-focused, progressive thinker passionate about the mission of Ria Health
Provide Care Amid COVID-19
With the COVID19 crisis, there has been a tremendous increase in anxiety, trauma, and stress for millions of people, increasing the misuse of alcohol. As a center of excellence in treating alcohol misuse, Ria Health has been enlisted to rapidly provide care to people across the United States, which will require additional care team members. We seek care team members who are motivated to provide high quality, patient-centered, evidence-based care in a telemedicine setting. In the immediate term, opportunities include full-time, part-time, and contracted positions.
Enjoy Ria Health Benefits
- Join a team of mission-driven professionals dedicated to offering a next-generation solution in the treatment of heavy alcohol use and addiction
- Experience professional growth within a rapidly expanding tech-healthcare company
- Work remotely anywhere in the United States
- Competitive compensation
- Telehealth training and development
- Unlimited PTO for full-time team members
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ria Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.