Ria Health, the next-generation telemedicine solution in the effective treatment of alcohol addiction, is seeking a Remote Medical Assistant. The medical assistant will be an integral member of his/her/their care team, working together to provide superior care and service to a panel of primary care patients.
Join the Ria Health Team
Join the team that integrates medical care, behavioral support, and technology tools to help members achieve their personal goals in treating heavy alcohol use and addition. Ria Health delivers a Joint Commission accredited program that leverages evidence-based pharmacotherapy, targeted protocols, and a technology platform to help members achieve lasting improvements in their quality of life. Ria’s published outcomes data set the standard for effectiveness in alcohol treatment. The Ria program is delivered through telehealth, and partners with Remote Clinical and Coaching Team Members to provide clinical expertise and manage care and outcomes for Ria Health members.
Work as a Ria Health Medical Assistant
The Medical Assistant has a background in both technology (including possibly graphic design) and the medical support space. This candidate takes pride in their work and professionalism, ensuring they are communicating in both an efficient yet compassionate way with Ria Health Program Members and the Ria Health Clinical/Coaching Team. The Medical Assistant will have a passion for caring for patients while being part of a rapidly growing healthcare/tech company driven to change alcohol use disorder treatment throughout the United States.
Reporting to one of Ria Health’s Lead Clinical Team Members, the Medical Assistant will be an integral member of his/her/their care team, working together to provide superior care and service to a panel of primary care patients. The Medical Assistant will be expected to have a global view of the day, and support the patient, provider, and other members of the care team to provide patients with comprehensive/effective virtual visits, completing the tasks of the day as efficiently as possible. The Medical Assistant (and all other team members, including physicians) will be expected to continually critique his/her/their role and offer suggestions for improvements and efficiencies in the process design. Medical Assistants from one team may be asked to support other teams as needed and can expect the same support from their colleagues.
- Create a welcoming, compassionate, and safe virtual waiting room for patients as they login for their clinical appointment.
- Virtually manage the flow of patients within the virtual waiting room, ensuring they are attended to quickly yet professionally.
- Virtually interview patients, record their medical history/current information (through Ria Health’s EMR), and confirm the purpose of their virtual visit (via Zoom).
- Secure patient information (through Ria Health’s EMR), maintain patient confidence, comply with HIPAA regulations, and safeguard both medical records and confidential data/patient history/information.
- Offer high-level support by communicating patient information and virtual waiting room flow (patients waiting) to virtual Ria Health Clinician or Coach.
- Ensure adherence to company standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements at all times.
- Establish trust with Ria Health members by actively listening and providing truly helpful information at a manageable pace.
- Offer high-level support to Clinical and Coaching Team.
- Accurately and quickly enter patients’ information/data/history into EMR.
- Represent Ria Health’s dedication to both healthcare and technology advancement by offering a background/knowledge of career experience in both the tech space and medical support area.
- Set realistic expectations such as “medicines are not magic, but with the help of the Ria medical team you can find one that works,” and “lasting progress takes a year, plus or minus,” and “you will be the hero of your program because you are doing the work, with support from Ria.”
Requirements: Education and Experience
- Ability to quickly build rapport and trust with patients and Ria Health Team
- 1-3 years experience as a Medical Assistant (either in a traditional or virtual office)
- Athena EMR experience preferred
- Familiarity with addiction treatment programs from community meetings to rehab is preferred
- Polished and professional in delivery/communication: Active listener, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with various computer applications/tech savvy preferred
- Flexible, naturally curious in the discovery of solutions to current company challenges, interest in tech/healthcare industry
Provide Care Amid COVID-19
With the COVID19 crisis, there has been a tremendous increase in anxiety, trauma, and stress for millions of people, increasing the misuse of alcohol. As a center of excellence in treating alcohol misuse, Ria Health has been enlisted to rapidly provide care to people across the United States, which will require additional care team members. We seek care team members who are motivated to provide high quality, patient-centered, evidence-based care in a telemedicine setting. In the immediate term, opportunities include full-time, part-time, and contracted positions.
Enjoy Ria Health Benefits
- Join a team of mission-driven professionals dedicated to offering a next-generation solution in the treatment of heavy alcohol use and addiction
- Experience professional growth within a rapidly expanding tech-healthcare company
- Work remotely anywhere in the United States
- Competitive compensation
- Telehealth training and development
- Unlimited PTO for full-time team members
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ria Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.[everest_form id=”14075″]
Ria Health Mission
We strive to help adults who are in distress due to alcohol misuse and who are courageous enough to take steps to change their relationship with alcohol. To uphold our mission we provide compassionate high quality evidence-based care that instills dignity and encouragement. We accomplish this through our team of dedicated healthcare professionals, removing barriers of stigma, time and affordability by providing our services through telehealth. We achieve our mission by helping people achieve optimal well being through changing their relationship with alcohol.
Ria Health Vision
To be a sustainable business that provides accessible, effective, and affordable evidence-based behavioral health care to all. Building a values-based culture where Rianistas are excited and engaged in doing their best quality work, teaming to impact millions of lives of our members, their families, and their communities.
Ria Health Values
Compassion – We promote a culture of empathetic care and communication. We actively listen, we always encourage, and we provide support.
Integrity – We are honest, open, ethical, and fair. We hold ourselves accountable when we make mistakes.
Teamwork – Working together we will achieve great things.
Embrace Change – We work to drive improvement over perfection, measuring and questioning the status quo to make progress and enhancement.
Always Learning – We celebrate curiosity and discovery through development and research.