Ria Health is a mission-driven tech-enabled telehealth medical practice treating alcohol use disorder with an effective at-home evidence-based program, is seeking an experienced Remote Medical Assistant.
JOIN THE RIA HEALTH TEAM
Join the team that integrates medical care, behavioral support, and technology tools to help members achieve their personal goals in treating heavy alcohol drinking. Ria Health delivers a Joint Commission accredited program that leverages evidence-based pharmacotherapy, targeted protocols, and peer and family support. Ria’s care delivery technology platform enables collaborative care and meets members where they are to help them achieve lasting improvements in their quality of life. Ria’s published outcomes data sets the standard for effectiveness in alcohol treatment. The Ria program is delivered through telehealth and partners with Telemedicine Physicians to provide clinical expertise and manage care and outcomes for Ria Health members.
WORK AS A RIA HEALTH MEDICAL ASSISTANT
The Medical Assistant has a background in both technology (graphic design perhaps) and the medical support space. This candidate takes pride in their work and professionalism, ensuring they are communicating in both an efficient yet compassionate way with Ria Health Program Members and Ria Health Clinical/Coaching Team. The Medical Assistant will have a passion for caring for patients while being part of a rapidly growing healthcare/tech company driven to change Alcohol Use Disorder treatment throughout the United States.
Reporting to one of Ria Health’s Lead Clinical Team Members, the Medical Assistant will be an integral member of his / her care team, working together to provide superior care and service to a panel of primary care patients.The Medical Assistant will be expected to have a global view of the day and support the patient, provider and other members of the care team to provide patients with comprehensive / effective virtual visits and complete the tasks of the day as efficiently as possible.The Medical Assistant (and all other team members including physicians) will be expected to continually critique his / her role and offer suggestions for improvements and efficiencies in the process design. Medical Assistants from one team may be asked to support other teams as needed and can expect the same support from their colleagues.
- Create a Welcoming, Compassionate, and Safe virtual waiting room for patients as they login for their clinical appointment.
- Virtually manage the flow of patients within the virtual waiting room ensuring they are attended to quickly yet professionally.
- Virtually interview patients, record their medical history/current information (through Ria Health’s EMR), and confirm purpose of virtual visit (via Zoom).
- Secure patient information (through Ria Health’s EMR), maintain patient confidence, complying with HIPPA regulations, and safeguard both medical records and confidential data/patient history/information.
- Offer high-level support by communicating patient information and virtual waiting room flow (patients waiting) to virtual Ria Health Clinician or Coach.
- Ensure adherence to company standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements at all times.
- Establish trust with Ria Health Members by actively listening and providing truly helpful information at a manageable pace
- Offer high-level support to Clinical and Coaching Team
- Accurately and quickly enter patients’ information/data/history into EMR.
- Represent Ria Health’s dedication to both healthcare and technology advancement by offering a background/knowledge of career experience in both the tech space and medical support area.
- Set realistic expectations such as “medicines are not magic but with the help of the Ria medical team you can find one that works” and “lasting progress takes a year, plus or minus” and “you will be the hero of your program because you are doing the work, with support from Ria”
REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to quickly build rapport and trust with patients and Ria Health Team
- 1-3 years experience as a Medical Assistant (either in a traditional or virtual office)
- Athena EMR experience preferred
- Familiarity with addiction treatment programs from community meetings to rehab is preferred
- Polished and professional in delivery/communicator: Active listener, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with various computer applications/ tech savvy preferred
- Flexible, naturally curious in the discovery of solutions to current company challenges, interest in tech/healthcare industry
PROVIDE CARE AMID COVID19
With the COVID19 crisis, there has been a tremendous increase in anxiety, trauma, and stress for millions of people, increasing the misuse of alcohol. As a center of excellence in treating alcohol misuse, Ria Health has been enlisted to rapidly provide care to people across the United States, which will require additional care team members. We seek care team members who are motivated to provide high quality, patient-centered, evidence-based care in a telemedicine setting. In the immediate term, opportunities include full-time, part-time, and contracted positions.
RIA HEALTH BENEFITS FOR FULL TIME EMPLOYEES
- Join a team of Mission driven professionals dedicated to offering a next-generation solution in the treatment of heavy alcohol use and addiction
- Experience professional growth within a rapidly expanding tech-healthcare company
- Work remotely anywhere in the United States
- Career opportunities include full-time, part-time, and on a contract basis
- Competitive compensation
- Telehealth training and development
- Unlimited PTO for full-time team members
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Ria Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.