Before using your breathalyzer, you’ll first want to make sure you’ve downloaded the Ria Health app.
- Go into the App store or Google Play, search for “Ria Health” and download.
- Once the app downloads, open it up and follow the prompts to the login screen.
- Click login, and use your email address and password associated with your Ria Health account.
Once you’ve unboxed your breathalyzer, it’s now time to assemble your device.
- To begin with, you will install the triple A battery into your unit by removing the back cover from the device.
- Be sure to match the positive and negative ends of the battery with what’s marked on the breathalyzer.
- Please note: you will want to replace your first battery after 30 days of use. Then, you can replace each battery after that every 3 months to ensure accurate readings.
- Finally, add the mouth piece to your breathalyzer unit. You’ll see the unit comes with a few extras which you can set aside for future use.
Once you’ve downloaded the app and assembled your breathalyzer, you’re now ready to do a breathalyzer session.
- Turn your breathalyzer “ON” to APP MODE using the silver button on the side of the device. Press for 10 seconds, or until it reads APP MODE.
- iPhone Users only: Make sure your Bluetooth setting is turned ON in your smartphone—this is how the breathalyzer will sync with your app.
- Now you can open the Ria Health app, and from the app’s home screen scroll down and select “breathalyze.”
- From here, click “CONNECT” in the app and the breathalyzer will sync automatically via Bluetooth connection.
- Now you’ll see your countdown in the app – so get ready to breathalyze! Begin when it reads “Start Blowing.”
- Be sure to blow strong steady air into the mouthpiece of the breathalyzer. You can stop blowing air when the device completes beeping.
- In a few seconds, your breathalyzer will come back with your BAC reading. You can click NEXT in the app to complete the prompts to finish your breathalyzer session.
Install “Ria Health Alcohol Reduction” app
Hod button until screen says “APP MODE (7 seconds)
Follow prompts in app and breathe into breathalyzer
The mobile breathalyzer helps in several ways: First, it keeps you honest with yourself, by giving you a graph of how much you have been drinking, and when. The second thing it does is give you a ritual that reminds you of your goals. Finally, it gives Ria’s coaches and doctors solid data to look at, so they know if they need to adjust treatment.
Start by checking the following:
- Make sure your batteries are fresh.
- Check if the breathalyzer is on. It should show a blue light. You can turn on the breathalyzer by pressing the button on the side for a couple seconds.
- If your breathalyzer has a screen, check that the breathalyzer is in app mode. Press the silver button for 10 seconds to change the mode the device is in.
- Enable Bluetooth on your mobile device.
- If you installed the BACtrack app (in addition to Ria Health), please uninstall the BACtrack application. The breathalyzer can only function with one app at a time.
- Try clearing data, uninstalling, and reinstalling the app.
Have more questions? Read more Ria Health FAQs
Ria Members benefit from weekly online group meetings facilitated by a recovery coach. These meetings are optional, and provide excellent group support for anyone enrolled in Ria’s program. Feel free to ask your coach about how to join the meetings. You’ll also be notified in the app when the next meeting will take place.
Ria Health’s Inner Circle
Ria’s Inner Circle allows Ria members to invite others to be involved in their progress throughout the program. To invite others to be a part of your inner circle:
- Go to the menu bar in the app
- Choose “Inner Circle”
- Click “Invite” and you’ll be able to invite someone using their phone number or email address. Please note, you’ll want to make sure the person you are inviting has downloaded and signed up on the Ria Health app.
Important Information About Booking Appointments
- Making additional appointments with the medical team or coaching team is completely FREE for all subscribing members. If you need to speak with a physician or your coach, don’t hesitate schedule an appointment in the app.
- You can reschedule and cancel your appointments anytime through the app, by navigating to the menu bar in the app and selecting “Schedule Appointment.” When possible, please reschedule or cancel 24 hours or more in advance.
- On some occasions, the medical team has emergencies to deal with and might be late calling you. If they are too late, please make a new appointment or get help at 888-881-8377.