Ria Health Terms and Conditions of Use
Latest revision: July 29, 2021
1. Ria Services. We offer online services (the “Services”) enabling consumers to report their health history, learn about their health, and engage healthcare professionals (“Treating Providers”) to obtain medical and healthcare services.
2. The Application Does Not Provide Medical Advice. The contents of the Application, such as text, graphics, images, information obtained from licensors of Ria, and other material contained on the Application (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Application! If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Ria does not recommend or endorse any specific physicians, tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Application. Reliance on any information provided by Ria is solely at your own risk.
3. Healthcare Services. All of the Treating Providers who deliver Services through Ria are independent professionals solely responsible for the services each provides to you. Ria does not practice medicine or any other licensed profession, and does not interfere with the practice of medicine or any other licensed profession by Treating Providers, each of whom is responsible for his or her services and compliance with the requirements applicable to his or her profession and license. Prescriptions and lab orders are issued by Ria Treating Providers. Ria is not a lab or a pharmacy and your purchases of medications and lab tests are not included in the Service.
4. Terms of Health Screening Services. Ria Health may sponsor health screening services, such as Liver Health screening services. These services may be provided free of charge and are intended to educate you about aspects of your health.
- Ria Health services comply with the Ria Health Notice of Privacy Practices, which may be found at riahealth.com/privacy/. Our Notice of Privacy Practices policy requires that we must obtain, maintain, use, and disclose patient protected health information in a manner that protects patient privacy and complies with all state and federal laws. Though this is a voluntary program, should you choose not to accept these Terms of Service, you will not be able to participate.
- You are participating in a voluntary population health program, and by your participation you freely and voluntarily assume any risks associated with the screening process. You must be 18 years of age or older. You consent to the collection of a blood sample from a fingerstick or from the arm; measurement of blood pressure, height, weight, waist and/or hip measurement, cheek swab or blood sample. You understand that collection of a blood sample involves certain potential risks which may include but are not limited to prolonged bleeding, fainting or feeling lightheaded, bruising and multiple sticks. If the program includes the reporting of results at the point of collection, this data should be considered preliminary, they are screening assessments only. The instrument used on-site may yield results that vary from what would be reported if the same testing was performed by the laboratory on a specimen obtained from your arm.
- By participating in the population health program(s) you acknowledge, and consent to, Ria Health’s use of a laboratory partner and that partner’s disclosure of the data and outcomes of your Health Questionnaire and test results in accordance with the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and any other applicable laws. If you are providing family medical history or other genetic information through a Health Questionnaire or test results, you are also authorizing and consenting to the use of such genetic information for the purposes of the program as described in paragraph 4 below. If you are a spouse or dependent of another participant in the program, you are also authorizing and consenting to the use of your genetic information in your spouse’s data. Genetic information may include, but is not limited to, blood pressure, BMI, and blood work results such as cholesterol, glucose, and triglycerides.
- If Ria Health selects additional health benefits management services as part of this population health program then, your data may be shared with healthcare professionals/companies who offer additional services. Data sharing with authorized third parties will be performed via a secure data exchange process designed to keep your personal and protected health information secure. In no event will Ria Health sell, exchange, or otherwise disclose your data except as stated in these Terms of Service.
- To ensure optimal participation in a population health program Ria Health may contact you regarding your voluntary participation in the program. You may receive communications via telephone, email, and/or cell phone text messaging that include reminders, confirmations and instructions to participate, using information that you have provided, or that your employer and/or plan sponsor has provided to Ria Health via an eligibility file.
- If information was provided through an eligibility file from your employer or plan sponsor, then as part of the registration process you were asked to verify and/or update your personal information. You are responsible for the accuracy of your personal information.
- If you provided a cell phone number as a means to contact you, you acknowledge and consent that we may contact you by telephone, voicemail and/or text message with respect to Ria Health at that number. You also consent that we may contact you at that phone number using an automatic dialing and/or announcing device that may play pre-recorded messages. You are not required to provide a cell phone number and participation in Ria Health population health programs is not conditioned on providing a cell phone number. If you wish to be contacted at another number or by another means, please edit your profile information at My.QuestForHealth.com. By accepting these terms, you consent to receiving these contacts intended to provide helpful and timely guidance regarding these services.
- Use of the information collected through participation in this program is limited to the purposes stated in this notice. The personal information collected or generated through participation in this program is retained for as long as is required by applicable state and federal laws. Upon the expiration of that retention period it is disposed of in a secure manner compliant with the requirements of HIPAA.
- The information you receive from participating in this program does not constitute the practice of medicine and is provided to you for informational purposes only. It is not meant to replace the customary physician-patient relationship. You are encouraged to share this information with your health care provider for medical treatment purposes, or for interpretation of the results in conjunction with your medical history, when appropriate.
- You hereby release and discharge, to the extent permitted by law, Ria Health, your employer, your insurer/payer/third-party administrator and of each, the controlled and controlling entities and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and contractors, program sponsors and their related agents, from any and all claims or causes of action on account of any injury to me which may result from your participation in this population health program. This release shall be binding upon your heirs, assigns, executors, administrators and personal representatives.
5. Informed Consent. Telehealth is the delivery of health care services using communications technology, where the patient and the health care professional are not in the same physical location. During your telehealth consultation with a Treating Provider, details of your health history and personal health information may be discussed with you through the use of audio and other telecommunications technology, and your Treating Provider may perform a physical examination through these technologies.
6. Privacy. Ria is required to comply with the federal health care privacy and security laws. Additionally, the information you provide to your Treating Provider during a medical consultation or therapy session is legally confidential, except for certain legal exceptions as more fully described in our Notice of Privacy Practices. Information regarding our use of health and other personal information is provided in our Notice of Privacy Practices (available on our website and within the Ria application). As part of providing you the Services, we may need to provide you with certain communications, such as appointment reminders, service announcements and administrative messages. These communications are considered part of the Services. While secure electronic messaging is always preferred to insecure email, under certain circumstances, insecure email communication containing personal health information may take place between you and Ria. Ria cannot ensure the security or confidentiality of messages sent by email.
7. User Accounts. When you register on the Application, you are required to create an account (“Account”) by entering your name, email address, password and certain other information collected by Ria (collectively “Account Information”). To create an Account, you must be of legal age to form a binding contract. If you are not of legal age to form a binding contract, you may not register to use our Services. You agree that the Account Information that you provide to us at all times, including during registration and in any information you upload to the Application will be true, accurate, current, and complete. You may not transfer or share your Account password with anyone, or create more than one Account (with the exception of accounts established for children of whom you are the parent or legal guardian). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account password and for all activities that occur under your Account. Ria reserves the right to take any and all action, as it deems necessary or reasonable, regarding the security of the Application and your Account Information. In no event and under no circumstances shall Ria be held liable to you for any liabilities or damages resulting from or arising out of your use of the Application, your use of the Account Information or your release of the Account Information to a third party. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time.
8. Use of the Services by Children. The Services are not available for use by minors under the age of 18.
10. Fees and Purchase Terms. Ria charges may include a monthly fee that is paid in full at the beginning of each month of service. Ria reserves the right to change its price list and adopt new charges at any time upon prior notice to you, which may be sent by email or posted on the Services. Use of the Services by you following such notification constitutes your acceptance of any new or increased charges. You agree to pay all fees or charges to your Account in accordance with the fees, charges, and billing terms in effect at the time a fee or charge is due and payable. By providing Ria or its affiliates with your credit card number and associated payment information, you agree that Ria is authorized to immediately invoice your account for all fees and charges due and payable to Ria hereunder and that no additional notice or consent is required.
In-Network Coverage. If you are a participant in a health plan that has entered into a contract for reimbursement rates with Ria Health or its affiliates (an “In-Network Plan”), and your insurance coverage has been verified by Ria Health prior to your visit, then Ria Health will process all claims for reimbursement in accordance with its contract with the In-Network Plan. By providing Ria or its affiliates with your insurance plan information, you agree that Ria is authorized to bill your insurance plan and/or your credit card for Ria fees or charges. This means Ria Health will bill and collect from your In-Network Plan that portion of Ria Health’s fee for which your In-Network Plan is responsible. Please note that you will still be financially responsible for any applicable copayments, co-insurance or deductibles, or for any services that are not covered by your In-Network Plan. Your credit card will be charged accordingly.
Out-of-Network Coverage. If you not a participant in an In-Network Plan, are uninsured, or receive medical services that are not covered by your In-Network Plan, then you will be financially responsible for the full payment of Ria Health standard rate of the Services. Your credit card will be charged accordingly.
Ria does not accept government issued health insurance such as Medicare, Medicaid, or VA plans at this time.
Annual Plan. Unless your Ria Health membership is covered as an in-network benefit by your Health Plan, your Ria Health membership will automatically be extended for successive renewal periods of the same duration selected at the time of your purchase. Until you cancel, we will charge or debit your payment method at the beginning of your subscription. If you have selected an annual payment plan, your service costs will be financed through monthly payments over the course of 12 month period and you can cancel at anytime. In the event you cancel before the end of the 12 month period, we will charge your payment method the outstanding amount for services delivered up to the period in which you cancel service.
Ria distributes devices such as a breathalyzer for your use in conjunction with the Service. These devices are warranted by the manufacturer only. You agree we may collect information from these devices and use it to help deliver the Services and as otherwise described in our Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Notice. Upon termination of Service you may elect either to purchase the device for $100 or to return the device to Ria Health.
11. Website Links. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, OR LINKS FOUND AT ANY OTHER WEBSITE, INTERNET LOCATION, OR SOURCE OF INFORMATION, NOR FOR YOUR USE OF SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE OR LINKS, NOR FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY SUCH WEBSITES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OPERATORS.
13. Trademarks. Certain of the names, logos, and other materials displayed on the Application or in the Services may constitute trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos (“Marks“) of Ria or other entities. You are not authorized to use any such Marks without the express written permission of Ria. Ownership of all such Marks and the goodwill associated therewith remains with us or those other entities.
14. Termination. You may deactivate your Account and end your registration at any time, for any reason by sending an email to CustomerService@RiaHealth.com. Ria may suspend or terminate your use of the Application, your Account and/or registration for any reason at any time. Subject to applicable law, Ria reserves the right to maintain, delete or destroy all communications and materials posted or uploaded to the Application pursuant to its internal record retention and/or content destruction policies. After such termination, Ria will have no further obligation to provide the Services, except to the extent Treating Providers are required to provide you with continuing care under their applicable legal, ethical and professional obligations to you.
15. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE APPLICATION OR SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. BOTH THE APPLICATION AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. RIA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, OPERABILITY, CONDITION, QUIET ENJOYMENT, VALUE, ACCURACY OF DATA AND SYSTEM INTEGRATION.
16. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL RIA OR ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION OR THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), WARRANTY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit its liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of our liability will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
17. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Ria, its officers, directors, employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any claim, actions, demands, liabilities and settlements, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees (“Claims”), resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these terms and conditions. In addition, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless your Treating Provider(s) from and against any third party Claims resulting from your lack of adherence with the advice or recommendation(s) of such Treating Provider.
18. Geographical Restrictions. Ria makes no representation that all products, services and/ or material described on the Application, or the Services available through the Application, are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States or all territories within the United States.
19. Disclosures. All physicians on the Application hold professional licenses issued by the professional licensing boards in the states where they practice and hold doctoral degrees. You can report a complaint relating to services provided by a Treating Provider by contacting the professional licensing board in the state where the services were received. In a professional relationship, sexual intimacy is never appropriate and should be reported to the board that licenses, registers, or certifies the licensee. You can find the contact information for each of the state professional licensing boards governing medicine on the Federation of State Medical Boards website at http://www.fsmb.org/state-medical-boards/contacts.