(Last revised Sep 1, 2017)
- What information we collect about you
- What choices you have about your information
- How we use your information
- How and with whom we may share the information we have about you
- How we protect your information
- How to contact us with questions or concerns
HIPAA. Our privacy practices are intended to comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA“). We will maintain the privacy of your Health Information as required by HIPAA and the regulations promulgated under that Act.
Children under age 18. We do not knowingly allow individuals under the age 18 to create Accounts that allow access to our Site or Application.
Personal information we collect or maintain may include:
- Your name, age, email address, username, password, and other registration information;
- Billing information that you provide us, such as credit card information;
- Information about the computer or mobile device you are using, such as what Internet browser you use, the kind of computer or mobile device you use, and other information about how you use the Site or Application; and
- Other non-health information you input into the Site or Application or related services.
Use of Personal Information. We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
- To provide you with the Services;
- To improve the quality of healthcare through the performance of quality reviews;
- To notify you when Site or Application updates are available;
- To market and promote the Site or Application and the Services to you;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us Personal Information;
- For any other purpose for which you give us authorization.
Health Information is treated separately. Ria allows you to send your Health Information to your Treating Provider for review in conjunction with your medical care. The Treating Provider who provides you the medical and healthcare services through the site and application saves your Health Information to the extent the Treating Provider is required to provide continuing care under their applicable legal, ethical and professional obligations to you. This saved Health Information may include
- Medical records;
- Treatment and examination notes; and
- Other health related information.
Outside the practices of the Treating Provider, Ria does not view or store your Health Information in a personally identifiable form. Regardless of how you provide your Health Information on the Site or Application, that Health Information is de-identified according to the HIPAA rules, and saved separately by Ria as
De-identified Information. Once you leave the Site or Application, there is no record kept of your personally identifiable Health Information. De-identified Information may include
- Description and intensity of symptoms for a population within a specific period and geography;
- Aggregate statistics relating to the use of the Service;
- Diagnosis correlation with infection clearance outcome in evidence based medical studies.
Disclosures of Personal Information. We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- As required by law, which can include providing information as required by a court order;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Ria’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information maintained by the Site or Application is among the assets transferred;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose you have agreed to.
Information We Collect via Technology. As you use the Site or Application or the Service, certain information may be passively collected by Cookies, navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) and third party tracking services, including:
- Site or Application Activity Information. We may keep track of some of the actions you take on the Site or Application, such as the content of searches you perform on the Site or Application.
- Access Device and Browser Information. When you access the Site or Application from a computer or other device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, connection speed and access times (collectively, “Anonymous Information”).
- Cookies. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies to make the Site or Application and Service easier to use, to make our advertising better, and to protect both you and Ria. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you will not be able to stay logged in to the Site or Application. We presently do not honor “Do Not Track” requests across all parts of our Site or Application. Real-Time Location. Certain features of the Site or Application use GPS technology to collect real-time information about the location of your device so that the Site or Application can connect you to a health care provider who is licensed or authorized to provide services in the state where you are located. Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device or computer. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include how you use the application(s) and information about the type of device or computer you use. In addition, in the event our application(s) crashes on your mobile device we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our application(s).
Modification of Information. Users will be able to update some of their information through the Site or Application. Requests to modify any information may also be submitted directly to CustomerService@RiaHealth.com.
Steps we take to keep your information secure. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We employ reasonable physical, electronic and managerial security methods to help protect against unauthorized access to Personal Information. When you enter Personal Information, we encrypt the transmission of that information or use SSL connections (Secure Socket Layer) technology. But please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet or data storage facility can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Report Violations. You should report any security violations to us by sending an email to CustomerService@RiaHealth.com.